Donnerstag, Juni 22, 2006

Severe Thunderstorm Warning

SCATTERED STRONG THUNDERSTORMS LIKELY OVER SOUTHERN ALBERTA THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING. THIS IS AN ALERT TO THE POTENTIAL DEVELOPMENT OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WITH LARGE HAIL AND DAMAGING WINDS. MONITOR WEATHER CONDITIONS..LISTEN FOR UPDATED STATEMENTS. IF THREATENING WEATHER APPROACHES TAKE IMMEDIATE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS.

I live in a dangerous place at the moment. Especially, because my means of transportation has only 2 wheels and no roof! Hope hail won't hit me when I am riding my bike to yoga in half an hour.

Life without a car has been good so far. I enjoy doing errands on foot or by bike. I am slowly getting to know which streets are good for riding (like 10th Ave - it's wide and has nice pavement) and which places to avoid (I don't like 14th Street Bridge - the cars are too dominating - I feel like I should be on the sidewalk there - but don't I have the right to be a participant on the road?)

Tomorrow I am going to ride the Tour de Calgary. I will keep you posted.

Keine Kommentare: