Donnerstag, Juni 11, 2009

Local Honey

My co-worker Isabel in Calgary, who is originally from Columbia, shared an interesting tidbit about honey with me over lunch a few months ago.

When traveling to a new place, eat some local honey, Isabel says, and it will help your immune system to get accustomed to the local environment, and any allergens it might contain.

I also just consulted Dr. Google and he confirms that local honey can help with allergies, as it contains trace amount of allergens.

It was a little challenging to find local SoCal honey, most of the honey on the shelf at the supermarket was from overseas, New Zealand, etc. I did find one kind eventually (which was more expensive than the honey from NZ,...we live in a weird world...). It includes habanero pepper, so it's spicy. So far, so good. No adaptation issues in the new big city. The honey remedy must work! (and okay, I admit, I would use any excuse to try some new honey...)


Keine Kommentare: