Samstag, Februar 10, 2007

My New Place

heartland - covered in snow

the exterior view

there is an upstairs too!

1st Ave

bike room - pretty full...will there be room for mine?

definitely important!


I am in the middle of moving. Thank God I don't have too much stuff. Well, I don't have a lot of furniture, but it's incredible how much crap I have accumulated in the 7 years I have lived in Canada. Considering I came with two suitcases and skis from Austria , I am now the proud owner of at least 3 rubbermaid containers of books, 4 bicycles, and I don't even want to know what's in the remaining rubbermaid containers. So from time to time I go through phases where I get rid of stuff, and whenever I throw a piece out that I haven't used in months or years, it's almost certain that I will / would have needed in the week to follow!

What's cool about my new place is that there is some storage in the basement, so I don't have to have everything in my apartment.

Oh, did I mention that it is a "green condo"? Yes! After years of talking about an environmentally friendly space, I am actually going to experience it. Sweet! Enviro features are: bamboo (rapidly renewable resource) floors, infloor heating, heat recovery ventilation (basically the warm stale air warms up the cold fresh air), dual flush toilets (only exciting for North Americans, for Euros a standard feature), grey water used for toilets (and the water really is greyish!), wool carpet (less or maybe even no offgassing), recycled glass countertops in the bathroom and recycled material countertops in the kitchen (yet to be identified), bike storage and recycling in the building.

I am also excited that there is a coffee shop and a liquor store in the building. And if any part in Calgary deserves the name "little Italy" my 'hood would be it :) (Italian equals good food;-)

3 Kommentare:

Fashionista Social Club hat gesagt…

Anna! A coffee shop and liquor store in the building?!?! When can I move in? It sounds perfect! :-)

Anonym hat gesagt…

hi annie,

sieht ja super nett aus deine neue adresse ... btw. wenn du mir diese mal bei gelegenheit zukommen laesst, besteht die moeglichkeit "wirkliche" post zu erhalten.

wuensch dir alles liebe,
sylvia

Vik hat gesagt…

The next best thing to building green is a green building. Congrats on a swank new pad. The heated bamboo floor will be yoga-tastic!