Sonntag, Mai 27, 2007

Strange but Wonderful



Today I went to the farmer's market. It was awesome! Lots of fresh, local food. I will certainly go back. I also checked out the wine store and got some Austrian wine, which I found on the strange but wonderful shelf. Strange, because we Austrians drink our wine ourselves, we export hardly any, therefore I guess the Austrian wines are categorized as "strange", non Austrians not being used to the distinctive taste of the Austrian grapes ;-) I got a Gruener Veltliner from Neusiedl/Burgenland. Perfect summer wine!

And talking about wine: my new favourite red wine - Amarone, Italian wine made from partially dried grapes. Molto delizioso!

amarone

3 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Anna, Anna! Ein GruVe aus dem Burgenland!! Wie kannst du nur! Nur ein NOE GruVe schmeckt gut!
P

Anonym hat gesagt…

freut mich zu lesen, dass du auch in der new world nicht auf österreichischen wein verzichten musst!
falls dir der "gute stoff" mal ausgeht, muss einen "help-me-blogeintrag" machen.
dann schicken wir dir was ;-)

Anna hat gesagt…

danke gerald! Das Angebot weiss ich sehr zu schaetzen!
mmm..wer is wohl P? Mein Detektivgespuer sagt mir es handelt sich um einen Niederoesterreicher, kein Burgenlandler... ;-)