Donnerstag, Oktober 18, 2007

Almond Milk

I treated myself to a blender and am now enjoying almond milk several times a week. This is Dela's recipe:
  • Soak 2 handful of raw almonds over night or at least for 8 hours
  • Put them in the blender with a little bit of water. There should be more almonds than water in the blender.
  • Blend.
  • Add water. I fill up the whole blender. That's a good amount for two people.
  • Add a little bit of maple syrup.
  • Strain it through a strainer or cheese cloth - the remainder can be used for skin care, baking or just compost it.

Today I also added some vanilla, and I have tried carob powder or berries before too. A hint of maple syrup is a must. Delicious!

Great frothy snack - that's also good for your health, because it's alkaline forming.


That's what it looks like when you first blend it. Leave it at this stage for a while, before adding the rest of the water.

Keine Kommentare: