Sonntag, Oktober 14, 2007

San Francisco












Another successful business trip to San Francisco. I love it! A couple of weeks ago I went to a green conference and I found some time (not enough) to explore the long beaches, serene lagoons and idyllic towns in the area. I like cities that have lots of green space around them, just like Vienna and the Wienerwald. Here in San Francisco, you can escape the busy-ness of the city by heading North - crossing the Golden Gate Bridge. September is a good time to visit San Francisco: the fog that hangs over the city in the summer has lifted. "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco" Mark Twain allegedly said (others claim it to be of unknown origin). Whoever it was, Mark Twain or Anon, he definitely has not visited Canada or Scandinavia in the winter.



Keine Kommentare: