Mittwoch, Juli 09, 2008

We are but Guests on the Mountain


My week has been filled with sadness. Cousin and friend Robin passed away unexpectedly while climbing on Mt. Kidd in Kananaskis last week.

In times like this, I am reminded how important family and friends are. I sometimes take you for granted.

Robin taught me that life with a smile on your face is better. It's true. Try it.

I will remember your kind nature, our lively conversations, and our hikes in the mountains.

Robin

Alone Looking at the Mountain
All the birds have flown up and gone;
A lonely cloud floats leisurely by.
We never tire of looking at each other -
Only the mountain and I.
Li Po
This poem was in Robin's photo album from his Peru trip (spring 2008)

"When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
You certainly lived life. And we certainly cried.

1 Kommentar:

Unknown hat gesagt…

He seemed like a cool guy from the little I knew of him and he seemed to be enjoying his time on the planet a lot. He had good friends, loved and was loved. Not much more we can ask for in this life.

*hugs*