Montag, März 31, 2008

Sitting


Today I came across this review of Zody, the chair I sit on all day, when I am at work. Geeks gave it two thumbs up. I like it too. It’s adjustable in many ways, so I make sure that the arm rests are in line with the work surface and at a height that keeps my shoulders broad and relaxed. Most importantly I tilt the seat slightly forward, so that I sit upright and my pelvis is in a neutral position, which maintains the natural lordosis of the lower back: the slight inward curve that helps to avoid compression in the lower back.

After all we don’t want to end up like this guy:




2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Looks like a futuristic throne or a captian's chair in a spaceship.

Maybe i should spend my money in such a seat, cause at present i feel rather like jesus (following W. Ambros: "Mir tut das Kreuz so weh").

greets
Gerald

Anna hat gesagt…

Thanks for the inspiration - today I will try to feel like a queen or a space ship captain at work!

If you spend 40+ hours at the computer - you deserve a good chair...combined with a big monitor, you doubled your chances of sitting in a relaxed, tension free position.

Mind you, a cushion on the floor by my coffee table and a little awareness to sit upright works as well...

Gruesse nach STP!