Donnerstag, Juni 26, 2008

Catching Up

I am back in town and found my Mini USB cable, so I was able to download the pictures from Toronto.

Toronto was good. I enjoyed the big city - 3 days without a car, but getting around with public transit and walking, which seems a lot easier in Toronto than Calgary. Or maybe my destinations were just all in the right spots. I enjoyed some good exotic food, like at the Harlem: for the first time - I believe - I had Gazpacho, Caribbean chilled soup. Pretty tasty with the cornbread. And the art on the wall portrait was telling a strong story about the artists opinion in world politics.






David Suzuki was awesome. He inspired me. I loved hearing his story's of the history of the world, how we are completely dependent on nature. How without nature, we couldn't live on this planet. Nature gives us food and purifies the air we breathe. Oh, and water is an equally precious resource, that needs to be treated respectfully. Looking after our resources makes sense. It's like money: we want to keep some capital, and let the capital work for us and sustain itself. Keeping our resources strong and healthy is the right longterm thing to do. On day 1 they had a water break on the main pipe outside the building. So there were hundreds of people sitting in a conference, drinking coffee and then they said: sorry water is broken: you can't go to the washrooms. We had to go to the neighbour hotel. Funny, that that happened at a green building conference! At that point, it's good that you have good neigbours, that let you use their washrooms, otherwise it could have been a dilemma!




Yonge Street is lovely too. I went to a yoga class, conveniently located only a few stations north of downtown. And I got a little walk and window shopping in - that's the way I like it!



Some of the architecture caught my eye.


Good trip - and now I am enjoying the summer in Calgary. It's the best time of the year here in Calgary. It's been a rainy month, so it's super green right now! Lots of stuff blooming. The mosquitos, those little buggers, unfortunately also thrive in this climate. They have been brutal this year: They eat you alive ;) ! Well, they keep you active: they keep you moving...

Photos from beautiful, awesome, sunny California will follow soon!

Happy weekend! xo )

Keine Kommentare: