Samstag, November 01, 2008

Amsterdam

Amsterdam did not dissappoint me. The city is lovely. Almost every time, when i was on my way to exploring the city, I managed to get lost within 2 minutes, and found myself in a fairy tale.


Everyone rides old, mostly black bicycles around the city of grachten. Mothers with kids, young people talking on cellphone and girls looking for something in their purses while riding. I even saw guys on bikes carrying big things like a string bass or a ladder. They must have a sixth sense, the do-not-crash-at-the-uncontrolled-intersection sense. Because these uncontrolled intersections are plenty. But for some reason, they manage to handle these intersections without problem.



Vondelpark - where the wild parrots hang out. I wasn't dreaming, someone else saw them too, as the youtube clip below shows.



1 Kommentar:

Vik hat gesagt…

You are such a travelinator!...=-)

Glad you had fun.