Dienstag, April 15, 2008

Each movement is my mantra

On Monday I rode my bicycle to work. For the first time this year. The highlights of my ride were two seagulls on a lamp post, a coyote on the way there and a deer on the way back.

My mantra for riding to work? "Slow and steady wins the race." Slow and steady cycling is still a better work out than turning a car steering wheel or pressing the pedal to the metal. "Slow and steady..." also makes it easier at 6:30 am to prepare myself for a bike ride.

But this year I will introduce a new mantra: Fast and Easy. Once I am out of bed and on the bike path I am usually more excited about going fast and easy than slow and steady. "Fast and easy" means increasing cadence and having fun. It means the face stays relaxed and so do the shoulders (that usually requires some core strength action).

Oh, and the picture is the first one ever from the new camera. I thought the seagulls were worth it.



Keine Kommentare: