Mittwoch, Dezember 10, 2008

Amazon

One of my goals at work this year is to write a paper on "Certified Wood" - shedding some light on what the Forest Stewardship Council is all about. So I have been reading lots about forests, causes for deforestation, I found out that logging is just one small part of the problem. Forests converted into agricultural uses, to produce for example soy and palm oil for food production and biofuel and cattle ranching are even bigger threats to the Amazon and Indonesian forests (the 2 deforestation hotspots globally) than logging.



I have also learned that civil rights violations go hand in hand with deforestation. Millions of tribal people call the forests their home, so when the forest gets destroyed, so goes their home and their life style. Check out the video below for a visual refresher of our rights. And please send me some focus energy, so that I finish the paper soon.

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

cool video!
spricht mir sehr aus der seele!

sending you energy....... done!

lg
g.

Anonym hat gesagt…

habs gleich auf facebook weiterverbreitet!