Sonntag, Dezember 14, 2008

Merino


Sheep like this guy in the picture are my dear friends this time of the year. This morning the thermometer displayed chilly -29 degrees Celsius.

My survival tip? Merino Wool from head to toe. It keeps me warm and dry on chilly days like this:

Icebreaker Socks
Patagonia Wool Top
MEC Merino Light Weight Long John's

You can go to Patagonia's footprint chronicles to see what it takes to produce their merino wool top (select Wool 2 Crew). Its journey starts with Merino sheep in New Zealand, the fabric is then made in Japan before the product hits stores in North America. I appreciate Patagonia's effort to bring some transparency into their supply chain and to report the sucess stories as well as the areas that can be improved. I wish more companies would do that.

Stay warm...

1 Kommentar:

Vik hat gesagt…

Have a great holidays! Stay warm...=-)