Samstag, Dezember 06, 2008

kANNAda Day



Here are a few pictures from yesterday's Citizenship celebration. Now I am officially a dual citizen. One step closer to becoming a global citizen :)



Jamie and Jen in the first picture, Kurt and Deanna above showing their support by sharing a smile. The judge also commented on sharing smiles: it appears to be one of the traits that are expected from good Canadian citizens...


Nervous Annie - a few minutes before the big moment.


The Officials


Vik - wearing the traditional Maple Leaf Bindi and Malynne


Karen, Brit and Rebecca. More pictures on Vik's blog including a bonus video and check out flickr! By the way, all the Canadians in these pictures got an "honorary mention" of the judge for their good cheering performance!

Some suggestions for future improvements to the ceremony, such as adding guys dressed up in beaver suits to the event, came up over breakfast, but overall the ceremony was well received by us.



Sculpture in Downtown Calgary - honoring the Dinosaurs, I believe. We are grateful for all the lovely fossil fuel Calgary thrives off.


And as gifts are appropriate for a once in a lifetime situation as this one, I couldn't resist treating myself to a Patagonia Down Jacket. Super toasty and super light weight - perfect winter jacket for "climatically challenging" Canada - as the Judge called it. I chose their new color "Espresso", which according to my recent color consultation is a good color for me (I am not surprised - with that name - it must be a good color for me).




A bientot!

3 Kommentare:

Vik hat gesagt…

So stylish & warm...=-)

Anonym hat gesagt…

Gartuliere!!!

Anonym hat gesagt…

congrats zum dual citizenship! möge es mit dem global citizenship auch noch hinhauen ;)