Dienstag, Juni 30, 2009

The Getty


I have had the pleasure to visit the Getty Museum twice last week, as I was volunteering at the LA Business Council Sustainability Summit. I was told that it took 6 years to level the mountain for the massive complex. Can't imagine how much it must have cost. Mr. Getty's wealth was derived from oil business...why am I not surprised?


It was too far to cycle for me, so i explored carpooling and public transit options. I was a little worried about asking for a ride, but fellow sustainability summit volunteers were very accomodating! The bus system is not bad - for North American standards. Poor - for London UK standards though - a young woman, I believe she must have been a nanny from the UK, was complaining about the bus system. In my opinion that's not the bus system's fault .It's an urban planning issue: everything is so spread out here - compared to European cities.


Beautiful Architecture!


As Arnie says: "I'll be back!"

Keine Kommentare: