Sonntag, November 05, 2006

The Commute



Tomorrow will be my first day at my Haworth. I am planning on cycling to work as much as I can. The reason is simple: I feel better when I get my blood pumping. Getting rid of a car commute in morning rush hour and replacing it with a bike ride along the river at sunrise sounds like a good idea to me! The first 2/3 of the commute is on the bike path - after that it's in the industrial park - unfortunately. Lots of trucks. I will have to find a not so busy route through that area.

I am using my shitty city bike - an old mountain bike for winter riding. It got some TLC, bike rack and studded tires. Today Vik and I tried out the route in +10 degrees: it's about 15km and takes 1 hour one way. I felt pretty comfortable riding on slush, snow and ice. The weather forecast says 0 degrees for tomorrow morning, we will see how it goes!


2 Kommentare:

Vik hat gesagt…

You look so professional. You should consider a career as a winter bike courier.

Anonym hat gesagt…

Na servas! Also, wenn die Spikes auf Eis nicht mehr genügen, dann Schneeketten und die beste Lösung sind dann wohl die Öffentlichen!
Sei vorsichtig. PM