Donnerstag, November 02, 2006

Do I look professional?




I am on a mini vacation at the moment. For 5 days. Then I will start my new job at Haworth. My new position is "sales engineer" in the product performance department. I am pretty excited - Haworth's values seem to fit my values. According to their website: it's all about people - treating your employees well, allowing them flexible work hours, continous learning and sustainability. About 1000 people work at the Calgary facility - apart from my summer job at DOKA in Austria - my biggest employer so far. Oh yes, and it will be the first time that I am working for an American Corporation. Mmmm. Unfortunately their head office is not in sunny California, but somewhere in Michigan. Too bad.



As the German saying "Kleider machen Leute" (the English not-so-striking translation: Fine feathers make fine birds) suggests, I went on a little shopping spree yesterday. The goal: to appear professional. I was very lucky, that Laura accompanied me and helped me pick out some new outfits. Thank you Laura! I don't think I have ever spend that much money in one day (okay, Brit - apart from my bicycles), but I am now the proud owner of my first business suit!


3 Kommentare:

Fashionista Social Club hat gesagt…

Anna you look fantastic!!! It's easy shopping with you because everything you put on looks great on your fabulous self. As Vik says, you are your own best accessory! So true.
Good luck with your new job.

Anonym hat gesagt…

indeed, you look great!
very very professional.

good luck in your new job!

Anonym hat gesagt…

i think your look is what i would call "put together" - it is fashionable with a sense of personal style - not just professional.
heather