Mittwoch, Jänner 30, 2008

Science Experiment

Yesterday at lunch someone mentioned that he saw a clip on CBC news, where some Edmontonians threw water into the air. The water froze in the air before it hit the ground! Cool!

It was another frosty evening yesterday, and Calgary is only 3 hours south, so I tried the same thing in -32 degree Celsius last night.

Watch the experiment here:




Observation: -32 degree Celsius is clearly not cold enough for water to freeze in the air. All I created was an icy spot on the snow patch. I hope no old lady slips on it and breaks her leg.

Edmonton must be a lot colder than Calgary. Or maybe the wind for the wind chill factor was missing, or maybe i missed something, or maybe I have to do it from the fifteenth floor of a highrise, or maybe not everything they show on TV is true.

But I haven't given up yet - at the next opportunity I will try again!

4 Kommentare:

Ursula hat gesagt…

The windchill is the big factor. It looks like you didn't get that last night. Here it has been so nasty we kept Maxmillian in from school on Tuesday.

If we get the windchill factor we had Mon/Tue again I will test it out for you

Vik hat gesagt…

You should be a Science-TV-Show-Talk-Kontrol-Master!

Anonym hat gesagt…

Love the hat!

Anna hat gesagt…

Rrreal Rrrrussian Rrrabbit Hat :)