Dienstag, Februar 26, 2008

Honey


Ronald Fisher, Beekeeper, Davis CA
© Richard Avedon


I L O V E honey. I went on a little shopping spree in Austria and got all kinds of different types of honey. It's a good food to take across the ocean - it does not have an expiry date. It might crystallise, but I was told it doesn't go bad. I wouldn't know, because it never lasts that long in my household.

I hope the little bee guys keep hanging in there - they have a pretty tough life though: mono cultures don't provide food year-round, they bloom only once a year. So some bees also have to commute - hopping on the truck and going wherever the next blossoming is happening. Stressful, because we also take some of their food (honey) and give them sugar water instead. Plus the drugs.

Anyhow, more biodiversity would be beneficial - for both, us and the bees.

2 Kommentare:

Fashionista Social Club hat gesagt…

I am loving the honey you brought back for us. Yum!
Also love the image. Kind of creepy but not.

Anna hat gesagt…

I also like this artist's other portraits: http://www.metmuseum.org/special/Richard_Avedon/portraits_images.htm

some of them are less creepy -
some are more creepy than the bee keeper...