Montag, Februar 11, 2008

monday

Today was lay-off day. Apparently for the first time in over 7 years, about 20 people from the office were let go. The nice English gentleman, who gave me a ride, when we were neighbours, the funny woman from Jamaica, the guy in Purchasing, who made me laugh: all gone.

Funny, how my perspective changed over the course of the day: on my way to work, I was thinking that the weekend was way too short and how I'd rather be staying in bed than going to work, while on the way home in the evening, I was grateful that I still have a job.

We eventually got confirmation that our department is unaffected, but in the afternoon, when things were still unclear, I was contemplating my options, in case I would have been on the black list; it's always good to have a plan b in the back of your mind. Here were my top 3 Plan Bs:

  1. Focus on Yoga - possibly with some intensive training in warm areas around the globe
  2. Opening a Day Care Facility for Mini-Wexis in St. Poelten (I KNOW that would be a good business)
  3. Take a Foot Massage Course..





4 Kommentare:

Vik hat gesagt…

I heard they had to fire people so they could afford your performance bonus!

Anonym hat gesagt…

Wow, that's too bad. I hope those people can find other work.

Ursula hat gesagt…

Great to hear you still have a job. Must be in the air, Dell just laid off 900 people here.

Although you always have a career path with your yoga :)

Anna hat gesagt…

It was a crazy week indeed. I realised that people that I just saw as my co-workers found a little place in my heart and I actually miss (some of) them. Well, life goes on.

Calgary's market is still pretty hot, so I am sure they find a good job.

900 people? That's crazy!