Freitag, Februar 22, 2008

Mineralwasser


I am wondering: are there no mineral water springs in North America?

My favourite drink these days is fresh lemon or lime juice with mineral water. But I can only find European mineral water like Gerolsteiner or Perrier on the shelves in the grocery store. Mineral water is also called "healing water" in German, I assume the healing properties depend on the mineral content in the water. I also like it because alkaline-forming nutrition is hipp, at least among "tree huggers and bunny kissers" as my Texan boss would say.

I'd buy North American water, if there was an equivalent - i.e. water that contains natural minerals.

North American bottled water brands like Dasani (aka Coca Cola) and Aquafina (aka Pepsi) are tap water (PWS stands for Public Water Source, in the case of Aquafina it's Detroit's public water) that underwent another round of filtering *Eau Dear* and maybe got some additives added, but they are far from spring water.

I'd love to try some sparkly mineral water from North America, if there is one.

6 Kommentare:

Vik hat gesagt…

Canada has 89 brands of mineral water - check it out:

http://www.mineralwaters.org/

Vik hat gesagt…

The US has 189 brands - so between the two you should find something you like.

Anna hat gesagt…

Thank you - great - so there should be some commercially available as well. I will keep my eyes open!

Vik hat gesagt…

Why don't you google some of the Canadian brands and pick a couple you like. Then email them and ask how you buy their stuff.

Anna hat gesagt…

S.m.r.t.!

Anonym hat gesagt…

What? You haven't heard of the famous Nanton spring water! It's very close to home... check it out:
http://www.nantonwater.com/