Freitag, Mai 23, 2008

Kitchen Electro Funk and Vocal Grooves



I came across this kitchen remix (Merci for sharing, Severine!) - it's pretty funny. Perfect, absolutely perfect kitchen remix recipe instructions.

It reminded me of Bauchklang, a group of groovy vocal artists from my hometown STP aka St. Poelten.

Lower Austria, the province/state or - to be precise - the "Bundesland" that I am from, has gotten a lot of bad press lately, usually about weirdos that hide some family members in the basement.

So I thought, I shed some positive light on Lower Austria. I thought, I let you know that we are not all weirdos, but there is some pretty great stuff coming out of Lower Austria - Baucklang definitely being among the top 3 hightlights from ST.P. (let me think about the other 2 for a little bit ;).

Bauchklang means "belly sound" and for a reason - as far as I know it's all a capella, no instruments - and yes, you can feel that bass in your belly. Pretty amazing what Hubsi, Fraenzl Andi and Co. can do with their voices.

Check out the video below, I-Tunes or their website for some audio goodies - I recommend "diss anymore" and "Navigator (drum and bassy) or "I-transmission" or "shaker" or really anything.








Keine Kommentare: